Quendra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Quendra

Chatbox Information

Notice Board
    Notice Board
    Admin

Character sheet
    HP:
    Chatbox Information Left_bar_bleue0/0Chatbox Information Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Sols: N/A

Chatbox Information Empty Chatbox Information

Post  Notice Board Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm

When entering a dream state in Quendra, it's usual to perceive others in your dream on a consistent basis. However, in Quendra it's mostly impossible to lucid dream and be aware of your actual dreaming. In fact, all people who reside in Quendra percieve a dream as an actual occurance 100% of the time until they wake up...

Often times when people dream, they imagine themselves in a common room

Even inorganic beings tend to enter a "dream state" when they go offline or recharge. Quendra truly is an odd place.

The chatbox is a "dream state" for characters. They are sleeping in the real world (the forum world), and things that happen to them in the chatbox do not effect their real life selves. However, like all things, dreams can be remembered and put into effect into an actual forum post, however it never really happened. Thus, any injuries, items gained, or even deaths do not effect a Quendrian outside of the chatbox. If a death occurs in the chatbox, the effected party may revive moments later.

The chatbox should be considered in character. However, instead of the regular post style, one would use asterisks or dashes to do actions.

Thus, a regular post on the forums would be something along the lines of this:
    Bob walked into the room and said, "Hello, I have a banana in my shoe."
    Lisa was very confused and asked Bob, "Bob, why do you have a banana in your shoe?"

While in a chat style, it would be like so:
    Bob: *walks into the room* Hello, I have a banana in my shoe.
    Lisa: Bob, why do you have a banana in your shoe?

The Chatbox is NOT to be used as a substitute for forum roleplaying. Forum roleplaying should be the MAIN AREA where you roleplay. The chatbox should be used as a tool to communicate with other players and get to know them in real time via roleplaying. If the chatbox begins to be used as the main area for roleplaying, it will be taken down.

The same forum rules apply in the chatbox.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:20 am