Quendra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Quendra

+2
Pravin Lal
The Lone Shee
6 posters

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

The Lone Shee
    The Lone Shee

Character sheet
    HP:
    Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Left_bar_bleue100/100Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Sols: 30

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Empty Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Post  The Lone Shee Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Tinyipc

This is the greatest game in the world.

WIKIPEDIA DON'T FAIL ME NOW.
    Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (sometimes abbreviated to SMAC or Alpha Centauri) is a 4X turn-based strategic computer game created by Brian Reynolds and Sid Meier under the auspices of Firaxis Games in 1998. It is based on a fictional attempt by human beings to colonize a planet in the Alpha Centauri star system. It picks up where Meier and Reynolds' earlier titles, Civilization I and Civilization II, left off. An expansion pack called Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire (aka SMACX or just SMAX) was also released. Although being popular with gamers and critically acclaimed, the game never reached the heights of success of the Civilization games. Pre-patched versions of Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire were later bundled together in the Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack. The game has also been released under the Sold-Out Software label.

This game is awesome. If you like turn based strategy games.. get it.
    Pravin Lal
    Pravin Lal

Character sheet
    HP:
    Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Left_bar_bleue100/100Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Empty Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Post  Pravin Lal Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:59 pm

I HAS THAT GAME Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri 669592

And it is awesome.
    margueritediamond
    margueritediamond

Character sheet
    HP:

Post  margueritediamond Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:51 am

I loves that game and am getting the expansion pack ... finally lol. I'm only like ... years behind.

Should be fun!
    Hellboy
    Hellboy

Character sheet
    HP:

Post  Hellboy Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:53 am

I was a big fan of Civ II. The council amused me so! "I concur, your Excellency!" I've played SMAC too, but I don't have the expansion packs. *sad face*
    Czedric Silian
    Czedric Silian

Character sheet
    HP:

Post  Czedric Silian Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:04 pm

SMAC's fanbase: Small but strong
    Sister Miriam x Prokhor Zakharov: Shipped hard
    Level of Fanatic activity: EXTREME

Oh SMAC makes me happy. Very very happy ^^
    margueritediamond
    margueritediamond

Character sheet
    HP:

Post  margueritediamond Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:11 pm

*giggles* I love all the crazy slash stuff that can happen with those lovely fanatical faction leaders.

but since all of you wonderful people play SMAC.... would any of you know a good windows to windows emulator. Im' trying to run it on my Vista (ug!) so I don't have to take up the room of keeping the 95 as well as my vista.

I'm hoping to have a 7 by the end of the year but we'll have to see. I want that virtual PC program.
    The Lone Shee
    The Lone Shee

Character sheet
    HP:

Post  The Lone Shee Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:41 pm

margueritediamond wrote:*giggles* I love all the crazy slash stuff that can happen with those lovely fanatical faction leaders.

but since all of you wonderful people play SMAC.... would any of you know a good windows to windows emulator. Im' trying to run it on my Vista (ug!) so I don't have to take up the room of keeping the 95 as well as my vista.

I'm hoping to have a 7 by the end of the year but we'll have to see. I want that virtual PC program.

You doni't need to emulate a lower version of windows to play SMAC on Vista. Add ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1 to [PREFERENCES] at the end of your Alpha Centauri.ini file.

Also, download the XP patch: http://www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=7&showcon=2

Good luck!
    margueritediamond
    margueritediamond

Character sheet
    HP:

Post  margueritediamond Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:23 pm

Awesome. I had the patches for everything but the compatibility thing in Vista fails hardcore. I didn't think of messing with the game files. ^^ thanks. I'll try that though.
    HK-47
    HK-47

Character sheet
    HP:

Post  HK-47 Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:01 pm

SMAC?

SMAC IS WIN.

Everything=Miriam/Zakharov in the end.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:39 am